Position : Operator
We have a vacancy for an Operator in our raise boring Operations. The Operator will be responsible for site preparation, erecting of the raise bore machine, safe operating of the machine within specifications of the said machine to achieve the desired production targets, and dismantling of the machine.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Inspecting hanging wall and making sure itis safe
- Checking that eye bolts are secure
- Cleaning footwall in accordance with the procedure
- Lining up holes and drilling in accordance with the procedure
- Ensuring that daily maintenance is carried out before drilling begins
- Ensuring that electric pack doors are kept closed in order to prevent water from entering the electric pack
- Conducting daily check listin machine to ensure that machine is operating within specifications and reporting any deviations immediately to foreman
- Recording hour meter reading in the operator’s report book at the end of the shift
- Recording crewmembers’ attendance daily on the timesheet
- Evaluating adherence to risk assessment daily- HIRA
- Ensuring that crew members are working safely and are familiar with the environmental impact register
Qualifications and experience:
- Grade 12
- Fluent in English
- Two years’ experience as an assistant operator in the mining industry
- Computer literate
- Qualified as an Electrician or Fitter
Salary and benefits are market-related.
lf you would like to be considered for any of the above-mentioned positions, please send your CV to [email protected] or fax to +27 (0)18 771 5156 with the job title (as listed) clearly indicated in the subject line.