Position : Millwright
The Master Drilling Team is seeking to fill the position of a qualified Millwright. The successful candidate will have to repair and maintain mining drilling equipment, rock handling machines, and devices.
If you would like to join our Master Drilling Team, please send your CV to [email protected] with the job title (as listed above) in the subject line.
Applications close at 12:00pm on 14 March 2022
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
Assembling, testing, and maintaining mining equipment
- Must work in full compliance with the approved safety regulations
- Overseeing preventive maintenance by identifying and correcting potential issues, removing worn out pieces, and lubricating mechanical parts
- Feedback and reporting on machine maintenance and commissioning
- Quality control and documentation of mining equipment
- Fault finding on hydraulic, mechanical, and electrical equipment.
- Install and program the basic function of VFD
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts
- Inspect and maintain gearboxes
Qualifications and experience:
- Matric, N4 Certificate.
- Service apprenticeship and qualified with a Trade Test Certificate.
- Minimum 3 years working experience.
- LV AC & DC Switching
- MV AC & DC Switching will be advantageous
- Experience in PLC and VFD programming
- Experience in hydraulic systems and equipment
- The role is ergonomically challenging, and the person must be medically fit with no underlying medical conditions.
Salary and benefits are market-related.
lf you would like to be considered for any of the above-mentioned positions, please send your CV to [email protected] or fax to +27 (0)18 771 5156 with the job title (as listed) clearly indicated in the subject line.