Position : Junior Quantity Surveyor
Our production department is seeking to fill the position of a Junior Quantity Surveyor. The potential candidate will report to the
site Contract Manager.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
• Draft, prepare and review contract documents together with contract specialist
• Liaise with clients and all other relevant parties regarding contractual matters such as the allocation of work to subcontractors, providing advice on contractual claims and assisting in the establishment of client requirements
• Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks
• Managing of financial aspects regarding contracts such as expediting payments and claims, preparing final accounts, measurement and interim certificate preparation, arranging applicable bond requirements and managing the expiry thereof as well as undertaking cost analysis for project work.
• Reporting and monitoring on site progress, monthly costing, planning and project schedule as well as lessons learnt.
• On boarding and off boarding employees on site
• Human resource administration such as capturing of timesheets, medical tracking and booking of training
• Stock replenishment and the tracking thereof
• Tracking and updating of production information on the relevant platforms
• Production reporting
• Tracking of budgets and expediting over expenditure on every GL code
• Assistance with early warnings and contractual delays
• Preparation of documentation for certification meetings
• Debtor analysis tracking
• Assisting, updating and auditing the safety requirements on site
• Drilling authorisation documentation
• Asset tracking
• Commercial administration such as capturing of invoices, preparing of monthly certificates and risk monitoring
• Plan and track planned maintenance and provide evidence thereof
Qualifications and experience:
• A degree or diploma in quantity surveying or a related degree from RICS
• Comprehensive experience in the application and principals of FIDIC, NEC, GCC and JBCC.
• Fluent in English and Afrikaans
• A minimum of two years experience as a quantity surveyor in the mining industry
• Raise bore experience will be an added advantage
• Advanced MS projects qualified or capable.
Salary and benefits are market related
Salary and benefits are market-related.
lf you would like to be considered for any of the above-mentioned positions, please send your CV to [email protected] or fax to +27 (0)18 771 5156 with the job title (as listed) clearly indicated in the subject line.